Monday, March 11, 2013

Astoria World Manor Review - Yelp Feb 4, 2013

4.0 star rating
 2/4/2013
I recently got married at the AWM.  I have to say.. I read a lot of the reviews on here and would definitely agree with some of you if I didn't take a slightly different approach. When I first toured the venue I noticed everything each of you mentioned. When I went to the food tasting, I had the same bland experience.  But, the price was perfect! Now the way I saw it? They would not be in business this long if they were THAT incompetent. Which means there was room for compromise.  My banquet manager was AMAZING! I brought ALL of my concerns to his attention.  Remember, this is a VENUE. They do this for a living. If you are booked to have events day in and day out yea... Things will def get overlooked! As much as any business would like to have EVERY "I" dotted and "T" crossed, it just doesn't happen that way... In order for them to have all this done, they would prob have to close for a period of time and increase prices when they are done. I completely agree, they could use an update to the facility but that does not mean the place is run-down either. We used the Imperial Room and the space was perfect, well kept and clean.  We were initally told the type of cocktail hour we wanted could not be accommodated. I was pleasantly surprised on our wedding day, they honored our request! :) Before our wedding date, we were in constant contact with management about our concerns regarding EVERY aspect of our day. They addressed ALL of our concerns. They were flat out honest about the things they could and couldn't do. I got the wedding I wanted for an awesomely fabulous price!!! All it took was some time, patience and compromise and, I planned my wedding in 6-9mos... As for the food... everyone loved the food. I made sure I was explicity clear about the type of taste buds my family and friends had and AWM delivered! They acommodated all of our vendors and deliveries. Granted, the Maitre'D and Wait Staff can def use some sensitivity training, but, they get the job done.  Our event was seamless. Yes, I was very bold about what I wanted and they responded.  So, if you want a great wedding at a great price, speak up professionally and cordially and AWM can/will deliver. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing event at a great price!

No comments:

Post a Comment